Sunday, April 28, 2013

Exploring NYC






Nothing's better than fruity popsicles on a hot spring day! Especially when you're at the High Lines in New York City, there are so many gelato/icecream/popsicle carts and trucks but People's Pops is by far my fave. They're popsicles are made of real fruit (I even had 2 giant strawberry chunks in mine!) and they always have a range of flavors. A popsicle from People's Pops is only $3.50 compared to the Mexican Popsicles which sell for $4 a popsicle. 

Strawberries & Creme From People's Pops - 425 West 15th Street New York, NY 10011








H&M Striped Tee/F21 Distressed Light Blue High Waisted Denim Shorts/Steve Madden Embellished Thong Sandals/Vintage Messenger Bag
Since yesterday was around the 70s, I decided to go for a pair of denim shorts and a casual top with a black cardigan. I was fine throughout the day since it was so sunny but when it got dark, it got chilly and I regretted wearing shorts! Also, don't wear sandals if you're going to be walking all over New York City, cause by the time I got home, My feet were so sore.




Kenka - 25 St Marks Place New York, NY 10003
If you're in the St. Marks area and you're looking for a cheap dinner and has good asian food, you should try Kenka! It's mostly for people over 21 years old since their alcohol beverage menu is super cheap and they have a lot of options. But nonetheless, their food is cheap and tasty. But if you're starving, I'd suggest a different place since there's always a line waiting for seats.
Hand Made Cotton Candy From Kenta
Something that Kenka does which I think is awesome and very different since I've never seen it anywhere else is their cotton candy machine. At the end of your dinner they'll give you some cotton candy sugar/powder and you can go outside to the cotton candy machine and hand make your own cotton candy. For a first timer, I'd say mine came out to be pretty good! 
Mango Sorbet and Vanilla Gelato Flower From Amorino - 60 University Place New York, NY 10003

It was my first time at Amorino and their flower shaped cone is one of their most popular. I got the mango sorbet (which actually looked and tasted like REAL mangos) and the vanilla bean gelato which was heaven. Funny story though, the guy who made my gelato flower was super cute and at the end, he said, "This is the prettiest flower I've made today." It was $6.25 for the smallest cone, but their gelato is one of the best, and they let you pick any number of flavors no matter the size you get!

-Selina

No comments:

Post a Comment